To take your ideas to Policymakers, Join the Campaign of #PolicyPulse Write to feedback@policypulse.com

Wankhede Brawl: 'King Khan' gets clean chit

The actor got into trouble after he misbehaved with a security guard at Wankhede in 2012

Policy Pulse
Publish Date: Oct 5 2016 2:09PM | Updated Date: Oct 5 2016 2:09PM

Wankhede Brawl: 'King Khan' gets clean chit

‘Badshah’ of Bollywood or co-owner of Kolkata Knight Riders aka Shah Rukh Khan has been given a clean chit over Wankhede stadium brawl case of 2012 by Mumbai Police. 

 
Police told court that no ‘cognizable offence’ was committed by Shah Rukh Khan as per their investigation. 
 
Already, Mumbai Cricket Association had lifted a ban on the actor last year which was imposed for five years. 
 
The actor got into the trouble when a local activist filed a private complaint in the court against him for misbehaving with a security guard during an IPL match at the Wankhede stadium in 2012. 
 
In his defense, the actor stated that after his team Kolkata Knight Riders won the match that day, his children and their friends entered the ground and the security guard Vikas Dalvi asked them to leave.
 
The actor told police that he got angry when someone spoke to him in indecent language.
 
Moreover, the complainant Amit Maru, had earlier filed a petition against him in the High Court in 2008, but the court's verdict went in Khan's favour so he advocated that he might have done it again for publicity.