To take your ideas to Policymakers, Join the Campaign of #PolicyPulse Write to feedback@policypulse.com

‘No reports of Indians affected in France attack’

Indian Embassy in Paris opened a helpline number, tweets MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup

Policy Pulse
Publish Date: Jul 15 2016 10:51AM | Updated Date: Jul 15 2016 10:51AM

‘No reports of Indians affected in France attack’

 External Affairs Ministry said that there were no reports of any Indian being affected in the "terror" attack in Nice city of France.

 
Indian Embassy in Paris opened a helpline number: +33-1-40507070.
 
"Our ambassador in Paris is in touch with the Indian community in Nice. So far no report of any Indians affected. Our embassy in Paris has opened helpline +33-1-40507070," tweeted Vikas Swarup, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs.
 
At least 80 people were killed on Thursday night when a truck mowed through a crowd in Nice. French President Francois Hollande said the truck attack was of a "terrorist character".
 
"We condemn the attack. We are monitoring the situation. There are no reports of Indian affected so far," Swarup told a news channel.
 
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also condemned the "terror" attack, saying India stood with France in this hour of sadness.
 
Modi hoped for early recovery of the injured people. Over 150 people were injured in the mayhem.