We have all grown up listening about the benefits of vegetables and fruits from our elders. A recent research in the field proves our elders to be right and we as children making faces at the sight of vegetables were completely wrong.
According to a report published in ‘The Times of India’, there are numerous benefits of adding vegetables to our daily diet. Some of the benefits are as under:-
1. Research shows that vegetables in combination with whole grains and fruits effectively lower down blood pressure diseases, diabetes and even fatal disease such as cancer.
2. The diet containing less of animal products, including milk and cheese is undoubtedly a better and healthier option.
3. A healthy plant diet produced a 34 percent reduced risk of type-2 diabetes.
4. Plants are rich in unsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants, fibre and micronutrients.
5. The quality of plant based food is equally important.
6. Items like refined flour and grains, potatoes and sweetened beverages were all found to be counter-productive and hence vegetables should be adopted.